Sunday, January 3, 2010

4 January 2010



I remembered this Kid Loco song today. When I had a trip-hop phase and all I listened to was music that needed some narcotic lacing. In any case, It was called A Grande Love Theme or something like that, the piece starts off with a man half-growling the words, "38 fucking years old" which I am in the vicinity of - of course I first loved this song when I was much younger by, say ten or twelve minus today.

Exactly a year ago was the last time I talked to Joey, he died about ten or twelve hours after we nodded our thank yous and did our faith-filled see you laters. He tried very hard to be something - anything but a dying friend I suppose. Once you've encountered having the last conversation with one of your best friends and were aware of it while it went on, I think you can pretty much weather anything. I was thinking one time - was it easier to just be surprised by death or having the chance to say goodbye on face time knowing full well it will only be a matter of hours. I suppose the sentence that has the word 'chance' will always be better. Either way, death happens. As I know so well by now.

Anyway I remembered this song today maybe because of the recording of an Asian man - could be the Dalai Lama actually or maybe just Alan Watts trying to sound Asian saying something like, (so unintelligible) "It's not about getting drunk or ..it's the only room with a very keen sense of how very very short life is."

I am in that room.

2010 - keen senses on how short life is.


-Gang

PS: This is the song.

photo taken exactly a year ago today by Dan Gil. It was a fundraiser for Anabel while she was still in the hospital 7 days before she died and the same day I last talked to Joey. 4 Jan 2009. 2am. Raymund was also with me the night Joey died. So was Erwin, so was Maps. Right there waited for me by the steps of Medical City. 365 days ago. But we are still alive, aren't we? Viva la Vida.

3 comments:

marts said...

i love your taste :)

MgaEpal.com said...

We at MgaEpal.com would like to interview you, Miss Gang Badoy for our "SABAT" segment.
It would just be awesome to have a quirky / spontaneous subject like yourself.

Plugging / mention of any or all of your show / websites will be at the end of the segment.

If you're up for the interview (questions will be sent through email or personal message) we would be more than happy to send 12 questions that would be made / "designed" for you. Please let us know.

Hoping for a positive reply,
"Boss Chip" (MgaEpal.com Head writer / Editor-in-chief)
Email add: MgaEpal@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi! I visited your blog today after not visiting for maybe over a year. I remember you had that quote at the bottom of your blog from your brother's medical book. Something about your high school's psychometrician and you not growing up to be what she expected (something more poetic, I'm sure.) Do you still have that quote? (:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.